A barren space station. Something has gone wrong. Power failing. A lone survivor in hypersleep...
You are the lone survivor. You need to escape.
*** Please use chrome or any non-Microsoft browser - I couldn't work out how to get edge to play nice with scaled up pixel art...
- Keyboard - arrow cursors to move, x to fire/interact
- Mobile - slide (virtual joystick style) left side of screen to move, tap right side of screen to shoot/interact
- Gamepad support - xbox style controller - dpad (preferred) or joystick to move, A to shoot/interact
A claustrophobic survival shooter game by dancramp for LowRezJam 2018.
- Phaser 2.11 CE (http://phaser.io/)
- Nipple JS (https://yoannmoinet.github.io/nipplejs/)
- ToneJS (https://tonejs.github.io/)
- Tiled (https://www.mapeditor.org/)
Music created in another project I'm working on, randomising sounds based on physics using tone.js and phaser. Laser sounds from a Pocket Operator Robot. Siren special effect from Orange Free Sounds (http://www.orangefreesounds.com/). Palette by Dawnbringer (modified 32 colour). Font by Kenney.
I mainly wanted to use this as an opportunity ti finish a top down style game, test out metroid/zelda style levels and test out the light mechanic. I wanted to test a narrative driven story, but that was kinda hard in 2 weeks and I ran out of time...
Thanks for playing!
Oh, I made a little papertoy to celebrate finishing the game too... If you're interested, you can get it here: https://dancramp.com/site/content/Total%20Dark%20Papertoy.pdf